Westmount Concrete 2003 LTD – production of Concrete Sidewalks Vancouver at a bargain price!
We will manufacture quality concrete sidewalk. Turning to us, you can use the service that you offer cheaper than our competitors.
Our company has been operating since 2003 and our experience allows us to make the highest quality concrete sidewalk for you! If you are looking concrete sidewalk contractors, we are ready to serve you right now!
When talking about sidewalk concrete, most people instantly form a picture of an unappealing, gray sidewalk in their heads. But what if you can change that? Why not let your imagination loose, and have a custom-made sidewalk that will make your house or business stand out from any other?
Our company staff will assist you in choosing a sidewalk that’s fun and original, but still graceful and not tacky. Give a new look to your property and impress your guests or clients! If you wish, you can even order a black concrete sidewalk!
Concrete sidewalk contractors near me – used technology
In the improvement of large and small settlements, the condition of house paths and sidewalks, public transport stops and areas for drying clothes, etc. is of great importance.
Neither in private nor in industrial construction work can be considered completed until the improvement of the adjacent territory has been completed. Paths and sidewalks play a major role in this. The construction of such “structures” is not particularly difficult; they do not require any special technologies, mechanisms, or high qualifications. But it’s important to do the base for concrete sidewalk well.
What type of concrete is used for sidewalks? In most cases, when carrying out such work, classic types of building materials are used such as: paving slabs and pavers, asphalt concrete (asphalt), concrete mixes and sand concrete. Each of the options for paving has its pros and cons. Today we would like to introduce you to the technology of concreting tracks. Making a concrete track is the fastest and cheapest way to create a quality and durable coating. Alternatives to concrete sidewalks are not so attractive, by the way, if we talk about the price of the work.
How to concrete sidewalk?
Works includes the following tasks:
- Removal of plant soil: Since it significantly complicates the compaction of the base and accumulates moisture under the coating, which is extremely undesirable. You can also make a base from a layer of sand of a large fraction with a height of 5-10 cm, and the same height of the crushed stone layer.
- Installation of curbs: (if provided for in the project). It must be installed so that there is a drain for water. The border in this case should be at the same level with the surface of the sidewalk or platform. The seams between the curb stones are sealed with a thick cement mortar. How to build concrete forms for sidewalks? If the track is made without borders, you need to install the formwork from the boards, and in places where the track bends smoothly – from plywood.
- Concreting: The depth of sidewalk concrete should not be less than 7 cm. To prevent voids, laying must be done with a platform vibrator (for large areas) or with a manual rammer until cement milk appears on the surface. After 30-40 minutes, the surface is finished completely with the help of a trowel. It is best to use ready-mixed mortars for concreting, but in private construction with small amounts of work, you can prepare it yourself. To do this, mix cement, sand, gravel in a ratio of 1: 2: 3 and dilute the mixture with water to a plastic state (water is taken about 1 – 1.5 times more than cement). It is clear that the question “Are sidewalks concrete or cement?” is not worth it. Concrete is made from cement.
- Performing work on grinding concrete sidewalk.
- Device of temperature joints: In the concrete coating of paths and sidewalks, every 3 to 6 meters of length, a deformation (temperature) joint is made of a wooden strip 15–20 mm thick laid over the entire thickness of the coating. The device of such a seam avoids cracking when the air temperature changes.
A few tips for those who are going to build a concrete sidewalk on their own. However, it is better to look for concrete sidewalk contractors near me so that professional concrete workers do everything as correctly as possible.
If the soil at the base of the sidewalk or platform is loose, uneven, or simply in doubt, you need to reinforce the concrete pavement with a road mesh with a mesh size of 100×100 or 150×150 mm. It is also necessary to reinforce the access road to the site.
It is very important to use high-quality materials at sidewalks – ready-mixed concrete, curbs, and tiles, buying them from manufacturers who constantly monitor product quality and value the reputation of the enterprise. Concrete sidewalk installation companies do just that.
When building a concrete sidewalk, the material must be ordered approximately 10% more than the calculated one. Firstly, if there is not enough solution, no company will bring you a solution less than the minimum possible rate. Secondly, when unloading the solution into the intermediate tank, part of it invariably sticks to the walls.
If you prepare concrete with your own hands, it is advisable to do it closer to the place of work in order to unload the mixture directly on the track or not to lose a lot of time on the way to the container with the mortar and back. At the end of work, immediately wash all tools thoroughly.
To give the track an increased strength, you can iron it: for this, you need to rub the sifted cement into a still wet mixture until a gloss on the surface appears.
Plain and colored concrete sidewalk – advantages
Of course, even asphalt vs concrete sidewalk will lose, because the second option has a lot of advantages. Modern landscaping and construction are impossible without the use of concrete. With the help of this material, you can quickly and with great strength build any structure, including and enclosing during the construction of roads.
Concrete sidewalk around the house or elsewhere in terms of strength has the following advantages:
- The possibility of decorating concrete sidewalk forms,
- Simplicity of laying, which does not involve third-party performers, and
- Resistance to abnormal atmospheric phenomena and increased mechanical stress.
All this is possible if the concrete for sidewalk specifications are met.
Concrete Sidewalks are also not without cons:
- Cracks are possible during subsidence,
- In case of changing the layout of the territory, the track is difficult to dismantle, and
- The slightest deviation from the technology when laying may cause the subsequent destruction of the coating.
Concrete sidewalk coatings – laying
Concrete sidewalk construction is carried out in several stages:
- Plot surface is marked.
- Formwork is made and installed.
- Sand cushion is formed.
- Reinforcement is installed (diameter of rods 3-5 mm), after which, the pavement is poured with concrete.
It is best to contact concrete sidewalk companies in Vancouver as specific skills are required. When preparing the solution, you can limit yourself to cement and sand in the proportion of concrete for the sidewalk, respectively 1: 3. Although in the overwhelming majority of cases, in order to save and achieve greater hardness, 2 fractions of crushed stone are added to them; it should not be a large fraction, because otherwise the opposite effect will be observed. The mixture is diluted with water very carefully, because a double excess of the volume of water lowers the grade of concrete by 5 points.
The product is evenly poured into the formwork and smoothed out with a special tool (iron, rule). Concrete sidewalk leveling requires precision and patience. The final stage is drying. The formwork is covered with a plastic film, and the concrete is allowed to gradually harden and reach the recommended standard. The longer this process lasts, the stronger the track will end up. At least experts say that it gains the final degree of sidewalk concrete strength a month after pouring.
An important positive circumstance can be considered the relatively low cost of paving concrete. Without taking into account the complexity of creation, a monolith is an economically advantageous solution. In comparison with this method, laying finished panels made in an industrial environment seems to be more inconvenient and expensive, but solid and reliable.
Concrete sidewalk installation – expert advice
Important! Don’t just focus on concrete sidewalk cost if you want to get the job done well! It is necessary to pay special attention not only to the concrete sidewalk base, but also to all other details of the structure.
- Since concrete in such cases is considered an ideal field for creative experiments, color variation of the finished product is allowed due to the addition of construction dyes to the solution.
- It is undesirable to decorate the texture of concrete with small artisanal notches, grooves, and grooves – let its surface remain as smooth as possible. Such excesses will contribute to the early destruction of the product.
- It is best to use sea or river sand for concrete sidewalk finishes, since the quarry contains harmful impurities (primarily clay).
- Despite the additional cost of reinforcing, it will significantly strengthen the sidewalk, thus extending its life.
- Fine gravel is preferred. In this case, there will be no need to fear that the surface cannot be leveled.
Concrete sidewalk cost per sf in Vancouver
The cost may vary. It all depends on the area as well as the concrete sidewalk construction details used. But if we compare the price of laying concrete with the cost of work that involves the use of other materials, it turns out that the first option is much more profitable. Many people think that concrete sidewalk designs are not so diverse. However, this is a wrong opinion. Modern cement sidewalks can have a variety of looks. And if we take into account that their strength is much higher than that of sidewalks made of other materials, then the financial costs for their construction turn out to be justified. Concrete sidewalk finishing techniques are quite diverse. Everyone can choose the desired option that suits their preferences.
Concrete sidewalk repair Vancouver – how best to do it
If you are looking for concrete sidewalk repair near me, then you are probably facing a serious problem. We will help you fix this problem. It is possible that concrete sidewalk crack repair is the result of poor quality work performed by the previous contractor. Or the coating has been damaged due to years of use. We will try to help you! But if the concrete sidewalk depth was not maintained and the structure became damaged, the pavement may need to be replaced. We have the option to use the concrete sidewalk replacement cost calculator. And we will tell you how much money it will take to fix the problem. In any case, our work will be profitable for you. We comply with concrete sidewalk specifications, so the result of our work is able to serve for a very long time.
Want to know the concrete sidewalk leveling cost and other works?
Call (604) 218-5559!
We will quickly calculate how much you will spend money on the manufacture of Concrete Sidewalks!
We will come to you and advise you for free on how best to make Concrete Sidewalks!
OUR SERVICE AREAS
Westmount Concrete 2003 LTD provides concrete sidewalk contractors services in Vancouver: Surrey, Burnaby, Richmond, Coquitlam, Langley, Delta, North Vancouver, Maple Ridge, New Westminster, Port Coquitlam, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Port Moody, Langley, White Rock, Pitt Meadows, Tsawwassen, Belcarra, Metro Vancouver.
Where do we work? Are you looking for concrete sidewalks near me in Vancouver? Call, we will come to you!
Order your dream concrete sidewalk and steps in Vancouver
now for less than the market!